If you suffer an injury while in a public place or on private premises you may be entitled to claim compensation.

An injury can arise in a number of different places and circumstances:

  • Slips and falls in places such as supermarkets, hotels and restaurants;
  • Injuries at playgrounds or schools;
  • Injuries on private property; and
  • Dog attacks. 

In many cases, owners or occupiers of public and private places have insurance policies which cover injuries. Sometimes, more than one person or organisation might be responsible for the area in which injury occurs.

If an owner or occupier of a place has been negligent then, depending on the seriousness of your injuries, you may be entitled to claim compensation for:

  • Pain and suffering;
  • Past and future loss of earnings;
  • Medical expenses; and
  • Domestic assistance.

There is a time limit of three years from the date of the injury within which to make a claim.

Evidence will need to be obtained to establish the nature and extent of your injuries and so you should seek advice as soon as possible after the incident has occurred.

Rossi Legal © 2019 All rights reserved. | Website by Boylen